We discussed the issue of Big Ten expansion and its affects on the Big East before. Lately the issue has weighed heavily in the consciousness of college sports fans. The latest scuttlebutt is that the Big Ten is looking to add multiple teams.
So what does this mean for Villanova? Can the Big East survive another raid? Will Villanova be able to land in another major conference, or is a midmajor conference where the 'Cats are headed? Can a basketball-only conference be a major conference in today's college sports landscape?
If Villanova football joined the Big East, could it save the conference? Would it give the Wildcats an avenue to gain admittance into another conference (perhaps the ACC)?
- Expansion FAQs: Clearing the haze around conference realignment
- Notre Dame not in any expansion mix
- Rating the Big Ten expansion candidates
- Tagliabue will be 'special advisor' to the Big East
- Big East mailbag: Expansion madness
- Big Ten expansion schedule unchanged
- Updated 24APRNY Times: Football, Not Basketball, Could Determine Future of the Big East