As Ed'77 regularly proves, there is no such thing as a slow week in Villanova sports. This week is no different. Rather than dedicating a number of short posts to each of these links, here are some interesting reads from around the web:
- The Washington Post's D.C. Sports Blog talked to Scottie Reynolds. Reynolds has compiled a "wall of disrespect," in his bedroom, plastered with articles questioning his talent and ability to succeed. How about that for motivation?
- Speaking of Scottie: The Nova Blog reports that he had another solid game in the summer league. Not as many points, but 9 assists is a good showing to make at the point.
- Allan Ray was the topic of Ballin' is a Habit's latest "Where are they now?" post. As mentioned here, Ray has recently signed on with Italian club, Sutor Montegranaro.
- Nova News posted an open letter to Randy Foye, warning him about the Clippers.
- Speaking of which, the Randy Foye Foundation Night for Newark will be held on July 24th in Rumson, NJ.
- Scottie isn't the only Villanovan in the NBA Summer league: Dante Cunningham has been working hard this summer to improve his offensive game by working on driving to the basket and using his left hand.
- The new NCAA tournament format was announced this week to mixed reviews. Two of the new play-in games will involve at-large teams seeded higher than 16.
- Comcast will be broadcasting seven Villanova Football games this season on it's various networks, and ESPN3.com will carry the Mayor's cup game against Temple on Sept. 3rd.
- Finally: for the readers who are interested in comprehensive Villanova Track and Field coverage, the Villanova Running Blog has pretty regular updates on the program.