The important thing to note that Villanova is still positioned for an 8 seed or higher.
Currently 'Nova is in 11th place. A win over #4 Pitt on Saturday wouldn't only give the Wildcats momentum, it would give them the chance to avoid playing on the Tuesday session of the Big East Tournament. At this point, many scenarios still exist. Here is one
- If Georgetown loses to Cincy- Hoyas: 10-8
- Cincy beats Gtown, loses to Marquette- Bearcats: 10-8
- UConn beat WVU, loses to ND- UConn: 10-8
- West Virginia loses to UConn, beats Louisville- Cards: 10-8
- Marquette loses to Cincy, beat Seton Hall- 'Quette: 10-8
This all hinges on Villanova winning against Pitt. If that happens, Jay Wright's club is in good position due to its relative strength of record among this group of schools- as 'Nova posesses winning records against Cincy, West Virginia, and Marquette. That would be enough to get the #8 seed and avoid playing on Tuesday.
Again, here's the Big East Tournament Bracket with times.