Throughout the 2012 Calendar Year, The Nova Blog and VU Hoops brought 970 articles to the Villanova Fans. Here's a quick recap of the Highlights and Lowlights of MMXII.
- Men's Basketball goes 3-6 in the month with wins over DePaul, Seton Hall, and St. John's but losses to Marquette (twice), USF, Syracuse, Cincinnati, and Louisville,.
- Kevin Cunningham Chosen as 19th Overall Pick in 2012 Major League Lacrosse Draft
- Hoops goes 1-5 with a win over Providence and losses to Pitt, USF, Notre Dame, UConn, & Georgetown. At least 'Nova took ND and the Huskies to Overtime.
- The BIG EAST adds Memphis
- Temple voted into the BIG EAST
- Jay Wright's Squad finishes the BIG EAST regular season with a win at Rutgers and a loss to Cincy.
- Villanova takes the #14 seed in the BIG EAST Tournament, defeats Rutgers and then loses to USF to end the season
- Men's Lacrosse gets ranked in the Top 10
- Maalik Wayns enters the NBA Draft
- Women's Basketball makes it to the Sweet 16 of the NIT Tourny
- Men's Lacrosse hands Syracuse their first ever BIG EAST conference loss.
- Maalik Wayns signs NBA contract with the Philadelphia 76ers
- VU Hoops moves to SB Nation
- Villanova Alumna Dottie Bausch strikes silver in London Olympics
- Doug Martin added to basketball staff, Doug West leaves
- Doug Martin resigns after a suspect resume is identified
- Mike Aresco named BIG EAST Commissioner
- Rafael Chillious named asssitant basketball coach
- ESPN ranks Villanova the #16 Basketball program of the last 50 years
- Mislav Brozja enrolls at Villanova
- Kris Jenkins commits to Villanova
- Brian Westbrook retires from the NFL
- Villanova Football loses Mayor Cup to Temple
- Football ends the regular season 2-0 with wins against James Madison and at Delaware
- Women finish 25th, Men 27th at NCAA Cross Country Championships.
- Stony Brook defeats Nova FB in the first round of the NCAA Playoffs
- Ty Johnson decides to transfer out of Villanova
- Basketball tips off the 2012-13 season with wins against University of District of Columbia, Marshall, & Purdue and losses to Alabama, Columbia, & LaSalle
- Louisville leaves BIG EAST for the ACC
- Vince Nicastro addresses conference realignment
- Basketball goes 6-1 in the month with wins against Vanderbilt, Penn, St Joe's, Delaware, Monmouth, & NJIT and a loss to Temple
- The BIG EAST's seven Catholic Schools- DePaul, Marquette, Georgetown, Seton Hall, St. John's, Providence, and Villanova decide to leave the conference
- Quarterback John Roberson wins 2012 Jerry Rice Award as the nation's best rookie football player in FCS