All Time Series: Villanova: 4W, 10L
Last Meeting: North Carolina, 77-62 (4/4/2009)
Last Villanova Win: 76-56 (1/20/96)
Jay Wright vs. North Carolina: 0-2
Roy Williams vs. Villanova in the NCAA: 2-0
In the NCAA Tournament (1-4)
- 2009, loss in the Final Four
- 2005, loss in the Regional Final
- 1991, loss in Second Round
- 1985, won in Regional Final
- 1982, loss in Regional Final
Random NCAA Trivialness
- Villanova is 24-8 (.750) all-time in its first game in the NCAA Tournament.
- Villanova has won 15 games as an underdog seed in the NCAAs; no team has more.
- Villanova in Kansas City in the NCAAs: 1W, 1L (1982 defeated Iowa, lost to Houston)
- Villanova is 2-2 as a 9-seed ('81, '91, '07, '11) with wins in 1981 & 1991. They are 2-4 overall as a "9"
In the NCAA Tournament
The game will be televised on TNT; Marv Albert, Steve Kerr, & Craig Sager will be calling the action.