Villanova and Pittsburgh played to a very even game for 35 minutes. However, with the scored tied at 43, the Panthers went on a 15-0 run during the last 3 minutes and 55 seconds to win, 58-43 dropping Villanova's record to 11-6 (2-2).
Here are some quick statistical facts...
- Villanova's 14 made Field Goals, was a season low. So was their 26 rebounds... So was scoring 43 total points.
- 'Nova did record an assist on 71% of their made baskets
- Darrun Hilliard's 14 points were all scored in the first half, and accounted for 33% of the team's scoring output.
- Daniel Ochefu's 8 boards led Villanova's rebounding effort- the fourth time he's done so.
- Career Highs by James Bell in steals (4) and Hilliard for 3-Pointers made (4).
- In Villanova's 6 losses this season, they have scored 61 or less in 5 of them (74-77 loss at LaSalle is the exception)
- Ryan Arcidiacono was 1-7 from behind the arc, he's 37-116 on the season (31.9%).