- Out of nowhere, Villanova is relevant again after back-to-back wins over top-five teams [Yahoo]
- Ryan Arcidiacono’s heroics help Villanova beat No. 3 Syracuse in overtime thriller [NBCsports]
- Host of heroes helps Villanova post second straight upset [Philly.com]
- The last time Villanova started the season 13-7 was 2007.
- Villanova beat the spread by 11.0 points; the 11th time the 'Cats have done so this season.
- The Wildcats have won 5 games by 5 or fewer points this season.
- Prior to this game, Villanova played 50 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 20-30.
- Jay Wright's team is 7-0 in 2012-13 if they score more than 75 points.
- Villanova has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- Syracuse only had 6 steals on Nova.
- The Wildcats set a season high for rebounds (47) and had a +13 rebounding margin.
- Villanova has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a team season high in rebounds with 16 and offensive rebounds with 8.
- Darrun Hilliard accounted for 33.3% of the team's points (25).
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 32.0% of the team's rebounds (16); that sets a personal best for Yarou.
- This was the third game this season where Darrun Hilliard was 'Nova's leading scorer.
- It was Mouph's 3rd double-double of the season.
- Darrun Hilliard had career highs with 25 points, 8 field goals made, 3 three-pointers, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists.
Stats provided by StatSheet