2015 PF Chris Silva has been offered by Villanova, per Adam Zagoria. The 6'9" 205 forward, originally from Gabon on the African continent, plays his high school basketball for Roselle Catholic in New Jersey (the same school as 2015 PG Isaiah Briscoe).
Silva also holds offers from Syracuse, Creighton, Rutgers, Seton Hall, and Cincinnati. He's also getting interest from some more high major programs.
Creighton has offered 2015 Roselle Catholic F Chris Silva and Maryland and Notre Dame have called— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) October 3, 2013
Roselle Catholic assistant coach Tom Sacks had this to say about Silva:
"He’s going to be a great player once he starts to feel comfortable in America. His game is just going to explode and he’s going to go to the next level."
Silva has already made trips to both Syracuse and Villanova and participated in open gyms with the current teams at both. Villanova has good recent history bringing in players of African descent, while Syracuse has some pull with Silva's former teammate Tyler Roberson about to become a freshman.
Silva is currently ranked 90th in the 247 composite rankings, but it sounds like he's yet to really explode onto the recruiting scene.
More from VU Hoops:
- Streaking William & Mary to visit Villanova for a CAA football fight
- Villanova Basketball Recruiting 2016: Amarveer Singh lands offer
- CAA Football Preview Week 6: Undefeated teams will fall!
- Villanova vs. William & Mary: 3 Keys to Victory
- Villanova Basketball Recruiting 2014 Big Board: October 2013 Edition