After it originally appeared as if former Villanova Wildcats guard Allan Ray would be playing professionally in Beirut this season, Ray announced via his Twitter that he is heading to the Croatia to play for KK Cedevita.
On my way to Cedevita.... I can't wait to get there. Time to ball out..I need a championship this time around...haven't won one since... HS— Allan Ray (@ARayfor3) November 7, 2013
Located in Zagreb, the club plays in the Croatian League, as well as the Adriatic League and the Eurocup. Cedevita looks like they will be getting a big upgrade at shooting guard with Ray, as projected starter Marko Tomas averaged just 4.3 ppg last season for Cedevita, and 3.5 ppg the year before that with Fenerbahçe in Turkey.
More from VU Hoops:
- Villanova vs. Rhode Island preview: Tough Rhody to hoe, Wildcats head to Kingston with winning-season on the line
- CAA Preview Week 11: Maine in the driver's seat
- Catching up with the 'Cats: Week 1
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for November 7, 2013
- Villanova sought approval to build a "High School Stadium"