Baltimore's M & T Bank Stadium will host the 2014 Men's Lacrosse Championship, but the event is returning to Philadelphia for the 2 subsequent years, the NCAA announced yesterday. The 2013 Championship weekend saw some great action at the Linc, with Duke ultimately taking home the crown over a tough Syracuse squad.
While the championship is coming back to Lincoln Financial Field, there will certainly be some variety in the quarterfinal sites, as Denver will host in 2015 along with Navy, and Ohio State and Brown will host in 2016.
Even though Lincoln Financial Field is a proven commodity for the NCAA, it is still somewhat of a surprise, since the attendances at the Final Four have decreased every year for 6 straight years. The NCAA is looking at moving away from having the event at NFL stadiums and potentially changing the date from Memorial Day Weekend to a different date in order to boost attendance. The 2017 and 2018 hosts should be announced soon.
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for December 13, 2013
- Catching Up with the 'Cats: Week 6
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for December 12, 2013
- Rosier Responds: "It's a great rivalry" but don't let the media name it.
- Malachi Richardson to announce commitment on Friday