USA TODAY Sports
On Saturday, Villanova continued to improve its résumé to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament with an upset of #17/20 Marquette. The win moves Nova to 18-10 (9-6).
- Villanova is currently in a three-game win streak.
- Villanova beat the spread by 2.5 points- the 16th time this season.
- In "Close Games" (within 5 points), Nova is 6-3.
- Nova is 12-2 in games where they have 13 or more assists. The Wildcats had 13 assists on 19 field goals against Marquette.
- The WIldcats are 6-1 when they hold their opponent to under 57 points.
- His 22 points accounted for 36.6% of the team's total.
- Hilliard has led the Villanova in scoring 7 times this season.
- Darrun's three 3-pointers ties a career high.
- It was the third 20-point game of Hilliard's career.
- Yarou and Ryan Arcidiacono tallied 46% of the team's rebounds.
- Yarou has led the team in rebounding in 11 games this season.
- Big Mouph has four straight double-digit point games.
- Has three straight double-digit point games.
- Has six straight double-digit point games.
Articles you may have missed...
- I don't understand Villanova, but I like its style [ESPN]
- Villanova bolsters tourney chances, tops Marquette [CBS]
- ‘Nova building tournament-worthy resume. Can they win in March? [NBCSports]
- Surging Villanova defeats No. 17 Marquette [Philly.com]