The Villanova Basketball experienced a bump in their ride to the NCAA Tournament on Monday night. A loss to Seton Hall (14-5, 3-13) was not what the Wildcats or the Nova Faithful were hoping for.
Just sent Tuesday's bracket to Bristol. Surprisingly, Villanova stays in the field (next to last team) despite loss at Seton Hall.— Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi) February 26, 2013
- The Wildcats have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points.
- Since 2007, Villanova is 31-28 in close games.
- The loss ended a three-game win streak.
- Villanova did not beat the spread for the 13th time this season.
- The Wildcats have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Villanova has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- Arcidiacono and Pinkston, scored 31 of Villanova's 65 points (48%)
- Has been the high scorer for Nova in 7 games.
- Had his 4th straight double-digit game scoring.
- Recorded his 1,000th point of his Villanova career with 27 seconds to go in the game.
- He has 5 consecutive double-point games.
- Had 15 rebounds- 50% of the team's total. He's led the team in rebounds 12 times this season. It was the 30th double-digit rebounding game of his career.
- Last night's double-double was Yarou's 7th of the season.
- Has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Villanova back on the bubble after Seton Hall steals its victory [Y! Sports]
- Villanova suffers crushing last-second loss at Seton Hall [NBC Sports]
- Seton Hall shoots down Villanova with threes [Philly.com]