Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Jay Wright Quote
I just want to congratulate Louisville. They played an outstanding game. Their guards completely dominated the game. 18 turnovers in the first half was just a credit to them. The game was allowed to be played very physical. It was very fair. We just did not respond to the physical play. That's what happens (when) you turn the ball over like that.
- Villanova has not won two games in the a BIG EAST Tournament since 2004.
- 'Nova is 3-1 against teams ranked in the Top 5 this season.
- Villanova is 4-3 against AP Top 25 teams this year.
- The Wildcats are 36-67 all time in games against a Top 5 squad.
- In the last 5 years, Villanova is 23-32 against Top 25 teams.
- ‘Nova is 0-5 when scoring under 55 points.
- The Wildcats’ 25 turnovers was a season-best. Conneting on two 3-Pointers was a season low.
- Recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- Accounted for 38.1 percent of the team's points.
- He has led Villanova in scoring 10 times this season
- It was the 7th 20-point game in his Nova career
- Has scored in double digits in 11 straight games
- Yarou’s 11 boards accounted for 31.4% of the team’s total. He’s led the team in rebounding in 15 times this season and it was the 32nd time he’s been in double-digits.
- His Double-Double was the 8th of the season and 22nd of his career.
Around the Interwebs
- Russ Smith leads Louisville over Villanova, into Big East semifinals [ESPN]
- Russ Smith scores 28 to beat Villanova playing with a heavy heart [NBCsports]
- Rapid Reaction: Louisville 74, Villanova 55 [ESPN]
- Smith takes over, leads No. 4 Louisville to rout of Nova [CBSsports]
- Waiting Game for 'Nova [Philly.com]
- Louisville’s pressure wilts Villanova in Big East tournament [DelCoTimes]