In the third round of Vince Nicastro's answer to the #AskTheAD series he addressed the importance of Conference and NCAA Tournaments for the non-revenue sports.
It is well known that Big East 2.0 is geared toward Men's & Women's Basketball, but the reality is that the conference will also support 22 championships in the following events...
- Basketball (M/W)
- X-Country (M/W)
- Indoor Track & Field (M/W)
- Outdoor Track & Field (M/W)
- Field Hockey (W)
- Golf (M/W)
- Lacrosse (M/W)
- Soccer (M/W)
- Swimming & Diving (M/W)
- Tennis (M/W)
- Volleyball (W)
|School||NCAA Team||NCAA Individual|
No one needs to be reminded of the Basketball & Football Championships, but throw in 13 Cross Country titles (9 by the women, 4 by the men), 3 Men's Indoor Track titles, and a Men's Outdoor Track & Field Championship and Villanova has more than three-times the NCAA Team National Championships than the nine other schools combined.
- 19 of St. John's individual titles are in Fencing
- Xavier's lone NCAA Championship came in Rifle
- DePaul's lone NCAA Championship came in Men's Indoor Track
- Providence's NCAA Team Championship came in Women's Cross Country
- Butler's 7 Individual Championships are in Outdoor Track; 6 of them by Men
- Marquette's 13 Individual Championships are all from Men's Outdoor Track
- Seton Hall's Individual Championships come from a mix of Men's & Women's Indoor & Outdoor Track