In the middle of August VU Hoops caught wind of a photo of Villanova Junior JayVaughn Pinkston on crutches. Immediately, Wildcat Fans were wondering what type of injury the star forward sustained.
It wasn't until October when the New York Post broke the news that Pinkston, the Brooklyn native, contracted MRSA.
Big East network Fox Sports 1 was able to put together this 3-minute video about his off-season scare.
Pinkston just joined the 1,000 Point Club in Villanova's victory over Seton Hall. He is leading Villanova in scoring with 16.1 points per game and is third in rebounding.
- Villanova vs. St. John's recap: With the help of a struggling guard, No. 8 Villanova grabs one at the Garden
- Rasaan Stewart commits to Villanova: Perkiomen QB/S joins Wildcats class
- Villanova vs. St. John's: Preview, Game Time, TV Schedule, Odds and more
- Jay Wright Style Watch: Seton Hall
- Villanova basketball recruiting roundup: January 10th, 2013