Following the news that Villanova starting linebacker Pat Haggerty may be lost for the season due to a knee injury, Andy Talley has confirmed that starting strong safety Matt McCann will miss out on the Fordham game to a knee injury. Terry Toohey has the quote from Talley.
"He’s [McCann] definitely not going to play Saturday (against Fordham)," Talley said.
With McCann sidelined, junior Jerry Miles will step into the starting lineup. Miles played well vs. Boston College when McCann left injured, including a crucial third down stop in the second half to halt a Boston College drive. Having played in all 12 games last season, there shouldn't be a huge drop in production with Miles on the field.
Still no word on the extent of McCann's injury (he was scheduled for an MRI this week), but it is hoped that he will not see extended time on the training table.
More from VU Hoops:
- Villanova vs. Fordham: Game Time, TV Schedule and more
- Video: Villanova scores touchdown on impressive fake punt
- Matt Szczur to appear on E:60 Tuesday September 3, 2013
- Ben Ijalana doesn't stay unemployed for long as OL-starved Jets claim the Nova Alum
- Joey Harmon named CAA Defensive Player of the Week, Pat Haggerty & Matt McCann Injury Updates