Villanova's Big East home opener against #23 Louisville is set for 12 Noon on saturday from the Wachovia Center in South Philly.
The 18th Ranked Wildcats are entering the game 13-2 and 1-1 in the Conference following a win over Seton Hall earlier in the week. Louisville comes to Philly 10-3 and 1-0 in conference with a win over South Florida on Wednesday night.
Louisville coach, Rick Pitino, usually starts Forwards Terrence Williams, Earl Clark, and Samardo Samuels. Guards Preston Knowles and Jerry Smith bring the ball up and Edgar Sosa is a key spark off the bench. The three forwards provide balanced scoring as Clark and Samuels both average 13.5 and Williams adds 11.6. On the boards, both Clark and Williams grab about 8 and half a game.
- The All-Time Series is tied at 6 wins a piece
- Jay Wright is 3-1 against the Cardinals
- Tipoff is set for 12 Noon and will be broadcast in High Definition on ESPN
- Len Elmore and Sean McDonough will provide Color Commentary and Play by Play
- Dante Cunningham is 19 points away from the 1,000 Point Milestone.