Weather will NOT impact tonight's game! [read]
The Wachovia Spectrum hosts its final college basketball game on Wednesday as #21 Villanova (15-4, 3-3) hosts the Third-Ranked Panthers from Pitt.
Pitt (18-1, 6-1) is a dangerous team as you would expect a #2 would be. Big men Sam Young (18.8) and DeJuan Blair (14.7) lead the team 1-2 in scoring as well as 2-1 in rebounding. Blair pulls down nearly 13 boards a game. Guard Levance Fields adds another 10 points a game and nearly 7 assists a game providing the Panthers a balanced attack.
Coach Jamie Dixon usually starts Forwars Sam Young and Tyrell Biggs. The backcourt is Jermaine Dixon and Levance Fields. 6'7" DeJuan Blair holds his own mightily at Center.
- Historically, 'Nova leads the all-time series 30-27.
- Pitt has won 3 of the last 4.
- The Wildcats and Panthers split the 2008 series, each winning at home.
- 'Nova last played at the Spectrum on January 2, 1998- a 65-72 loss to LaSalle.
- Jay Wright is 2-4 as Head Coach against Pitt.