Villanova is entering the final swing of the regular season with 3 games in the final week. The #10 Wildcats host Georgetown for a 12 Noon game at the Wachovia Center on Saturday.
'Nova (23-5, 11-4) looks to end February by adding another win to their 7-1 record for the month. While Villanova has won 9 of their last 10 games, Georgetown has lost 9 of their last 11 games.
The Hoyas come into the game 14-12 (5-10 in Conference) with balanced scoring; DaJuan Summers, Greg Monroe, Chris Wright, and Austin Freeman all average between 12.5 and 14 points a game. Coach John Thompson III starts those four along with Nikita Mescheriakov.
Most analysts can see two keys to this game...
- Youth vs. Maturity on the Low Post: Villanova senior Dante Cunnigham (and Oscar Robertson Award finalist) will be matched up to battle against G'town's talented freshman Greg Monroe.
- Speed in the backcourt: Can the Hoya guards match up with the quick and deep pool of 'Nova guards?
Quick Game Notes
- Georgetown leads the all-time historical series between the two schools 38-27
- The Hoyas have won the last 4 straight against the Wildcats- this included the game last season in Washington DC that ended with a questionable foul call and in the Big East Tournament.
- Jay Wright is 5-6 all time against Georgetown.