Villanova will not be able to afford to get off to a slow start against UCLA like they did on Thursday against American. UCLA has been to the Final Four the last 3 years. They are very expreienced and well seasoned. UCLA did lose 3 of their starting players to the NBA this year so they are not exactly the same team that lost to Memphis in the semi-finals last year. That said they are going to be a very tough challenge for the Wildcats.
- Villanova/UCLA have only met 3 times in their storied histories. UCLA leads the series 2-1.
- Only NCAA Tournament meeting between the two teams was the 1971 Championship Game in which UCLA won 68-62 at the Houston Astrodome.
- Villanova Won the last meeting on Feb 9, 2002 at the Pavilion, 58-57.
- UCLA has 11 Championships, 18 Final Fours and a 97-15 Record in 42 NCAA Tournament Apperences
- Villanova has 1 Championship, 3 Final Fours and a 44-29 Record in 29 NCAA Tournament Apperences