Last week the AP released their Pre-Season Poll that had Villanova checking in at #5.
Here's a look at how the voters voted...
2nd- 4 voters
3rd- 11 voters
4th- 9 voters
5th- 14 voters
6th- 9 voters
7th- 9 voters
8th- 4 voters
9th- 3 voters
10th- 2 voters
I'm sure there are some statisticians who can make better sense out of the information than we can, but here goes...
- 58.4% of the voters placed Villanova #5 or higher
- With a mean of 5.28
- The standard deviation of the poll's voters is 2.01.
OK, I don't know what any of that means.
Looking at the more popular voters of the AP Poll...
- John Feinstein ranked 'Nova 3rd
- Joe Juliano and Seth Davis put them at #5
- Dick Vitale, Dick Weiss, and Jeff Goodman had VU 7th
And if you're curious- it was Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News and Roger Clarkson of The Athens Banner-Herald who voted Villanova #10.