We are only one day away from Villanova's Big East Tournament opener. Today's 2pm game will determine the Wildcats' opponent tomorrow afternoon. The other match-ups may affect the later tournament match-ups as well.
Yesterday, St. Johns blew out an extremely unmotivated UConn team. Today the "Team Formerly Known As the Redmen" will play Marquette at 2:00 pm. The Golden Eagles won the only matchup between those teams this season in a 63-61 squeaker at Madison Square Garden.
In the other matchups: South Florida handled DePaul, 58 to 49, and will play Georgetown in the early game today. Seton Hall edged out Providence in the highest-scoring affair of the day, 109 to 106. Cincinnati escaped Rutgers by a single point, 69 to 68 to grab a spot in the late game today against Louisville.
Today's complete Big East schedule follows:
12:00 p.m.: #9 South Florida vs. #8 Georgetown – ESPNU
2:00 p.m.: #13 St. Johns vs. #5 Marquette – ESPN
7:00 p.m.: #10 Seton Hall vs. #7 Notre Dame – ESPN
9:00 p.m.: #11 Cincinnati vs. #6 Louisville – ESPN
- 2010 Big East Tournament Bracket
- Villanova in rare Big East rut
- With postseason ahead, Villanova's Reynolds won't dwell on Big East awards
- Bob Ford: Final exam time for 'Nova freshmen
- Familiar tourney route for Marquette
- Accuscore game preview: St. Johns vs. Marquette
- Georgetown hopes for consistent effort vs. South Florida in Big East tournament
- Rutgers' season ends with 69-68 loss to Cincinnati in Big East tournament
- Big East best league in basketball
- Big East's top player eyed spot with WVU
- Hot Notre Dame arrives in New York for Big East Tournament