Villanova head basketball coach Jay Wright will serve as co-coach of the USA Basketball Select Team, which is a group of 20 current college players that will help train the USA National Team. Coach Wright will share coaching duties with Washington's Lorenzo Romar during the training sessions to be held in Las Vegas from July 19-23.
Wright has coached for USBasketball on three previous occasions; in 2000 he was an assistant coach for the World Championship for Young Men Qualifier, in 2005 he was the Head Coach for the World University Games, and in 2007 he coached the Pan Am games.
Members of the USA Select Team will converge on Las Vegas and conduct a private training session July 19, then train with the USA National Team July 20-23.
Select Squad Invitees
- Lavoy Allen (Temple University/Morrisville, Pa.)
- William Buford (Ohio State University / Toledo, Ohio)
- LaceDarius Dunn (Baylor University/Monroe, La.)
- Jimmer Fredette (Brigham Young University/Glens Falls, N.Y.)
- Scotty Hopson (University of Tennessee/Hopkinsville, Ky.)
- Scoop Jardine (Syracuse University/Philadelphia, Pa.)
- JaJuan Johnson (Purdue University / Indianapolis, Ind.)
- Jon Leuer (University of Wisconsin / Orono, Minn.)
- Shelvin Mack (Butler University / Lexington, Ky.)
- Marcus Morris (University of Kansas / Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Jacob Pullen (Kansas State University / Maywood, Ill.)
- John Shurna (Northwestern University / Glen Ellyn, Ill.)
- Kyle Singler (Duke University / Medford, Ore.)
- Chris Singleton (Florida State University / Canton, Ga.)
- Nolan Smith (Duke University / Upper Marlboro, Md.)
- Howard Thompkins (University of Georgia / Lithonia, Ga.)
- Mike Tisdale (University of Illinois / Riverton, Ill.)
- Kemba Walker (University of Connecticut / Bronx, N.Y.)
- Chris Wright (University of Dayton / Trotwood, Ohio)
- Tyler Zeller (University of North Carolina / Washington, Ind.).