With only a handful of teams still playing college basketball these days, most programs are looking towards the future. Villanova's head coaching position is obviously stable, but other teams around the country have decided to go in a new direction. Below is a look at some of the notable coaching news in college hoops over the last week or so.
- Kevin Willard leaves Iona to replace Bobby Gonzalez at Seton Hall
- Fran McCaffery takes over at Iowa
- After the firing of Ernie Kent at Oregon, rumors of Jamie Dixon coaching the Ducks begin to swirl, but Tubby Smith has reportedly been offered the job
- Signs point to Rick Pitino agreeing to a 4 year contract extension at Louisville
- At what school will Tim Floyd rack up more violations? UTEP
- After 13 seasons at the helm, Al Skinner is let go at Boston College
- Jerome Allen loses interim tag at Penn, assumes full head coaching responsibilities
- Steve Lavin gets a shot with another big market program, as he becomes the next head coach at St. John's
More after the jump...
While lots is going on in the college world, anticipation begins to grow for the upcoming NBA Draft in June. This is one of the big topics we will be covering in the near future, especially since Scottie Reynolds hopes to make it in the pros. Today, Jason King of Yahoo! Sports put together a detailed report of opinions from NBA scouts on the players projected to be in the draft this year. One scout's take on Scottie:
Reynolds might be a victim of being scouted too much over the years. His weaknesses have been magnified so much. He’s small but he doesn’t have the speed or skill set to be a point guard. He’s actually a scoring guard in a point guard’s body. He’s too little to be a scoring guard. He was a solid college player. I just don’t see him transitioning to the NBA level very well.