Let me start by saying Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Over the last few weeks, the most notable story in the college basketball landscape was the decision by Tom Izzo to remain at Michigan State. With the Izzo drama dominating much of the sports world recently, you may have missed some Villanova hoops articles. Take a look below to see what has been going on in the Villanova basketball world.
- Assistant Coach Doug West leaves the program to pursue a business opportunity
- Family first for Jay Wright
- Mouphtaou Yarou among breakout frontcourt players for 2010-2011
- Villanova to host Temple on December 29th at the Pavilion
- Reggie Redding continues to work on his game and hopes to play pro ball
- Scottie Reynolds discusses the possibility of playing for the New York Knicks (this page takes you to video page for CSN Philly...click on the NCAA tab on the lefthand side and Scottie's interview is from June 14th)
As we look ahead now, the NBA Draft is almost upon us, as college players anxiously wait in the hopes of hearing their name called this Thursday, June 24th at 7 p.m. Some are locks to be drafted, while others, like Scottie Reynolds, have no idea how things will play out. So far, I know that Scottie has at the very least worked out for the Minnesota Timberwolves, LA Clippers, Detroit Pistons, New Jersey Nets, and New York Knicks. If I had to guess, I don't think Scottie will be drafted, but that doesn't mean he has no shot of making the NBA. He will definitely get a look from some teams, and all he has to do is impress one organization. No matter what happens, we all know Scottie is going to give it his all, just like he did for Villanova the last 4 years.