There's some news-worthy, uh, news out there today as it relates to Villanova. Earlier today we saw that Villanova Football was picked to win the CAA this year (no real shocker there) and they also have the pre-season Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year in Matt Szczur and Terence Thomas.
Here's some more things that are going on in the Villanova world today...
- Mike Sheridan profiles sophomore Maalik Wayns in the latest installment of 'Nova Notebook. Wayns sounds like he's ready to take a big leap this year, something that many across the country are predicting.
- Dante Cunningham continues to win the Portland-faithful over. His newest hobby is handing out sweaty Summer League jersey's in the Vegas desert. In all seriousness, this is a great story and is in no way surprising knowing Dante.
- Fact on Villanova Sports just released Part 2 of their Football preview. Always an entertaining read over there. And make sure to follow him on Twitter for more comedy (@TheFoyeEffect)
- Matt Szczur got more good news today. He's been promoted to Class-A Peoria in the Cubs' organization. He was hitting .397 in 18 games (he hit safely in every game) with 9 doubles, 16 runs scored, 8 RBI's, a .439 OBP and he was slugging .521 -- yeah, I think it was time for a step up.
- According to a report from AOL Fanhouse, Jay Wright is very confident that his team will be much better this year.