Signing day is now complete for Villanova football.
19 18 national letters of intent have been received and processed. Only one verbal commitment was broken to sign with an FBS school. The Signees are:
- Vince Kowalski 6-3 250 OL from Williamstown, NJ
- Chris Polony*** 6-3 210 QB from Whitehall HS (PA)
- Joe Sarnese** 6-0 195 DB from Holy Spirit HS (NJ) (1st Team all-state)
- Noble Ajakaiye** 6-2 235 DL from Hickory Ridge HS (NC)
- John Robertson*** 6-1 205 QB from Paramus HS (NJ)
- Morgan Craig 6-4 255 TE from Abington Hts HS (PA)
- Matt McCann 5-10 195 DB from Keystone Oaks HS (PA)
- Joey Harmon LB 6-1 225 Salisbury Sch (Fla.)
- Dillon Lucas *** LB 6-1 215 Shawnee
- Jordan Hunter DL 6-2 300 Burlington Township
- Kevin Monangai*** RB 5-10 195 Seton Hall Prep (N.J.)
- Reggie Paris LB 6-3 225 Pemberton
- Jamal Abdul-Rahman *** RB 5-10 180 La Salle
- Patrick Williams** DL 6-1 275 University Sch. (Fla.)
- Justin Rhinesmith OL 6-4 270 Middle Township
- Earnest Pettway TE 6-4 245 Long Bch. Poly (Calif.)
- Jerry Miles DB 5-11 200 Scioto (Ohio)
Corey Majors*** LB 6-0 230 Neshaminy
- Clay Horne WR 6-6 220 Lawrence Ac. (Minn.)
Also reported as a Villanova football recruit, but not submitting an NLI:
- Chris Gough K 6'3 170 lbs (Richland, NJ)
Sadly, speedster Jordan Canzeri (a candidate to play RB and slot receiver) decided to sign with Iowa today and break his verbal commitment to the 'Cats.
Stars (*) next to a recruit's name indicate the highest rating given to them by one of the three recruiting services(Rivals/Scout/ESPN).
More updates will follow here as the list changes/expands. Later today (tonight), I will profile some of the notable signees.
Update 12:19p: Terry Toohey of the DelcoTimes has a nice write-up about our recruiting class today.
Update: Some time after announcing his signing via twitter, the Villanova Football twitter account deleted the tweet about Corey Majors signing his NLI and omitted his signing from their press release this afternoon. It is rumored that he will attend a prep school for a year before enrolling in college.