A number of Villanova Alumns have received another survey regarding the possible upgrade of the Football Program to the FBS level on the heels of Fr. Peter's letter from Monday.
Included, was this 7-minute video...
Notes from the video...
"Areas of Risk"
- Increased Scrutiny
- Negative National news Stories
- Noncompetitive program
The most viable game facility is PPL Park in Chester (home of the Philadelphia Union MLS team).
A new on-campus practice facility is estimated to cost $35m.
Yearly investment in the football program would go from $4m to $7.6m
Moving to FBS
• Increase in recognition
• Strengthen position in a prominent athletic conference
• Diversion of University resources from academics
• Increase of athletic scholarships reduce number of slots for other students
Not Moving to FBS
• Less financial risk
• Focus on the University's academic objectives
• Lost opportunity to increase name recognition nationally
• Long-term negative impact on Villanova athletic programs
The University has commissioned the following studies
- Strategic and financial assessment of implications for Villanova
- An architectural study for new practice/training facilities
- Assessment of the effect on our fundraising program
- Market research to determine consumer demand of ticket sales.