Yesterday we took a look at the NFL Mock Draft that the SB Nation community has been undertaking over the past several weeks, and we saw Ben Ijalana land in Jacksonville during the 2nd round. It was a 'best player available' scenario for the Jags, probably meaning that in that instance, Ijalana was taken on the lower side of his projected area.
So we thought we'd take a look at some of the other teams who we know have scouted and met with Ijalana using our good friends at the NFL blogs of SB Nation.
Let's check it out...
- The Indianapolis Colts are looking at guards in this draft, and Ijalana is definitely one they're looking hard at in the 2nd or 3rd round after sending scouts to Villanova's Pro Day.
- We also know the New York Giants are interested in Ijalana after the G-Men sent 4 scouts to'Nova's Pro Day, and Big Blue View has a great breakdown of Ijalana as well. As a Giants fan, I'd love to be able to grab Ijalana in the 2nd round as OL is a huge need in this draft.
We'll continue after The Jump.
- A month or so ago I threw some analysis on Ben Ijalana over to the NFL Draft folks at SB Nation - and there is a great YouTube of Ijalana against Montana in the 2009 FCS National Championship game in the article as well.
- It's rare these days that you see Ijalana's name pop up in the 1st round, but if anyone were to reach and take him there, it appears to be the Pittsburgh Steelers, which the SB Nation Pittsburgh folks reported in a mock draft in late March.
- The Oakland Raiders (I swear I just typed LA Raiders - one of those mornings) appear to be keeping on eye on Ben Ijalana as well, and apparently they really like the mean streak he plays with.
- The Buffalo Bills hosted Ijalana for a pre-draft visit, a strong signal that Buffalo could be his landing place in either the 2nd or 3rd round.
- Pats Pulpit is suggesting the New England Patriots could use a late-2nd or 3rd-rounder on Ijalana if he is still available, saying he presents excellent value at that stage and that he has the tools to thrive as an interior lineman, something the Pats need.
The first round of the 2011 NFL Draft starts at 8 p.m. (ET) on Thursday, April 28th and SB Nation has everything you need to prepare for it - NFL mock drafts, draft