Based on the conference tie-breakers and standings, the Big East tournament bracket would have Villanova in 14th place playing 11th-place St. John's on the first day. Villanova defeated St. John's in overtime in their only meeting this season at Madison Square Garden. If Villanova were to repeat that success, they would face Cincinnati in the second round, a team that beat them by four points on January 14th (they will play again at Villanova on Saturday). Should Villanova score another victory, they would rematch a Notre Dame team that defeated them in overtime in Philadelphia for a chance to go to the semifinals.
In the semifinals, a potential opponent could be any of Marquette, Louisville, West Virginia, or Providence.
Seven of the 8 first-round byes have been clinched, while just two of the four byes to the quarterfinal-round have been secured (by Syracuse and Marquette).
Tuesday, March 6 – First Round (ESPN2/ESPNU)
- Noon No. 16 DePaul vs. No. 9 Connecticut
- 2:00 No. 13 Pittsburgh vs. No. 12 Rutgers
- 7:00 No. 15 Providence vs. No. 10 West Virginia
- 9:00 No. 14 Villanova vs. No. 11 St. John’s
Wednesday, March 7 – Second Round (ESPN)
- Noon 9/16 winner vs. No. 8 Seton Hall
- 2:00 12/13 winner vs. No. 5 USF
- 7:00 10/15 winner vs. No. 7 Louisville
- 9:00 11/14 winner vs. No. 6 Cincinnati
Thursday, March 8 – Quarterfinals (ESPN)
- Noon 8/9/16 winner vs. No. 1 Syracuse
- 2:00 5/12/13 winner vs. No. 4 Georgetown
- 7:00 7/10/15 winner vs. No. 2 Marquette
- 9:00 6/11/14 winner vs. No. 3 Notre Dame
Friday, March 9 – Semifinals (ESPN)
- 7:00 Thursday afternoon winners
- 9:00 Thursday evening winners
Saturday, March 10 – Championship (ESPN)
- 9:00 Semifinal winners