Villanova and Providence played to a very even game for 35 minutes. However, with the scored tied at 54, the Friars extended their lead to 8, gave 'Nova their opportunities, but ended up defeating the Wildcats dropping their record to 11-7 (2-3).
Here are some statistical takeaways from the game.
- Villanova has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 9 or fewer assists. 'Nova recorded an assist on only 41% of their made FIeld Goals.
- Villanova set a season low for steals (2).
- The Wildcats set a season high for turnovers (24).
- The Wildcats have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games. Villanova has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Wildcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- JayVaughn Pinkston accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (11).
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 18 games this season.
H/T to Stat Sheet