Following Villanova's 65-60 victory over Georgetown, here are some stats that aren't apparent from the box score.
- last started the season 18-2 in 2005.
- is 8-0 in games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- is 8-0 when hitting 22 free throws (or more).
- is 7-0 when holding the opposition to 60 or fewer points.
- set a season low for field goals made (18).
- has recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
James Bell and JayVaughn Pinkston accounted for 43.0 percent of the points.
- Bell has led the team in scoring in nine out of 20 games this season.
- Bell has four straight double-digit point games.
- Bell had a career high with four steals.
- Pinkston has led the team in rebounding in six out of 20 games this season.
- Pinkston has three consecutive double-digit point games.
- Daniel Ochefu was 5-5 from the field.
tips from StatSheet...
More from VU Hoops
- Jay Wright Style Watch: Georgetown
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for January 28, 2014
- Villanova at Georgetown recap: Hoyas stick like glue and the 'Cats escape with narrow victory in DC
- James Bell named Big 5 Player of the Week
- Top 25 Poll: Villanova drops to #9 in AP & Coaches