Villanova Wildcats senior captain Poppy Livers has been nominated for the Chuck Boone Leadership Award, given annually to the player who "embodies the highest standards of leadership, integrity, teamwork and sportsmanship in his academic and athletic achievements."
The award is named after former Richmond Spiders coach and athletic director Chuck Boone. During his career, Boone also served as executive director of the Yankee Conference, a predecessor of CAA Football. New Hampshire's Chris Zarkoskie and Maine's Marcus Wasilewski received the honor in 2012 and 2013, respectively. The award is in its third year of existence.
The full list of nominees follows:
- Jake Meek, UAlbany (accounting)
- Patrick Callaway, Delaware (sport management, business administration)
- Miles Williams, Elon (human service studies)
- Dean Marlowe, James Madison (sport and recreation management)
- Khari Al-Mateen, Maine (business management)
- Rob Bowman, New Hampshire (entrepreneurial studies/management)
- Mike Rinaldi, Rhode Island (marine affairs/political science)
- Austin Gund, Richmond (leadership studies)
- Christian Ricard, Stony Brook (technological systems management)
- Ryan Delaire, Towson (health care management)
- Poppy Livers, Villanova (liberal arts)
- Jasper Coleman, William & Mary (kinesiology and health science)
The winner will be announced on November 25th.