While John Robertson's streak on the CAA weekly honor roll has ended, the Wildcats are still seeing some of the week's best individual performances on the Main Line turf. This week, JMU quarterback Vad Lee picked up the weekly offensive award with a big time passing game and three touchdowns against the FCS subdivision's top defense. Robertson was hardly shabby with over 100 yards rushing and four touchdowns of his own, however.
The stand-out for the Wildcats this week was senior Safety Joe Sarnese, who had a massive momentum-building, 46-yard pick-six in the fourth quarter against Towson on Saturday. The pass appeared to be tipped at the line, with Sarnese positioned to grab it as it fell. A few good blocks helped him find daylight as he darted with the ball down the right sideline for the score.
Villanova's defensive leader also led the 'Cats with 11 tackles and had a key pass breakup in coverage.
The full weekly awards are as follows:
Offensive Player of the Week
Vad Lee | QB | James Madison
- Finished 20-of-33 passing for 314 yards and three touchdowns in JMU's road win at Stony Brook.
- Recorded 56 rushing yards on 16 carries.
- His numbers came against a SBU team that entered the game leading the FCS in total defense.
Defensive Player of the Week
Joe Sarnese | S | Villanova
- Tallied a game-high 11 tackles in Villanova's victory over Towson.
- Returned a fourth-quarter interception 48 yards for a Nova touchdown.
- Added a pass breakup in coverage for the Wildcats.
Special Teams Player of the Week
Benjamin Davis | LB | Maine
- Blocked a Richmond punt and recovered it in the endzone for a touchdown in Maine's upset win over the Spiders.
- Also recovered a fumble for the Black Bears on kickoff coverage.
Rookie of the Week
Josh Gontarek | WR | UAlbany
- Caught six passes for a career-high 118 yards for UAlbany against Delaware.
- Hauled in scoring catches of 29 yards and 19 yards.
- Both touchdowns came in the fourth quarter as the Great Danes attempted to mount a comeback.