He is the only Wildcat to appear on this week's honors. Hart averaged 15 points in games against Illinois and Temple last week including his 20 point effort on 6-7 shooting (including 3-3 from 3FG) on Sunday against the Owls. He also averaged 7 rebounds and 3 assists over the pair of games.
"My lowest points, my high points, my teammates, they are with me," Hart said Sunday night. "They are always there to support me and give me confidence. Coach [Wright] is the same way. Whether it's getting up extra shots or working out more, I guess I had the holiday joy. It just worked at that time. I have to attribute that to my coach and my teammates."
Weekly Award Press Releases...
BIG EAST PLAYER OF THE WEEK
D’Angelo Harrison, St. John’s, G, Sr.
Harrison takes weekly honors for the second straight week after helping the Red Storm to a pair of victories. He averaged 24.0 points, shot 61.5 percent from the floor and was 12-of-12 from the foul line in wins over Fordham (74-53) and Fairleigh Dickinson (74-52). Harrison leads the BIG EAST in scoring with a 19.7 scoring average and is sixth in rebounding at 7.2.
BIG EAST ROOKIE OF THE WEEK
Isaiah Whitehead, Seton Hall, G, Fr.
Whitehead wins rookie honors for the second consecutive week after averaging 14.0 points and 6.0 rebounds in two games. In a 77-68 loss at No. 11/11 Wichita State, Whitehead scored a game-high 23 points, which inlcuded 4-of-7 shooting from 3-point range. He had five points and eight boards in a 67-52 win over Saint Peter’s.
BIG EAST Honor Roll
- Austin Chatman, Creighton, G, Sr.
- Rysheed Jordan, St. John’s, G, So.
- Sterling Gibbs, Seton Hall, G, Jr.
- Josh Hart, Villanova, G, So.
- Dee Davis, Xavier, G, Sr.
Big 5 Men's Honor Roll
- Temple's Will Cummings averaged 18 points and 4.5 rebounds in a 1-1 week for the Owls, scoring 14 in a loss to Villanova
- La Salle's Cleon Roberts led the Explorers in points in a win over Drexel, netting 15 and adding three triples
- Saint Joseph's DeAndre' Bembry went 8-for-11 for 21 points and seven rebounds in a win over Loyola Maryland. He added two blocks