When you get to the 26th game of the season, the odds that a new Gabe D'Anunzio ensemble is worn by Jay Wright decrease. The Villanova Head Coach is a man of second chances and redemption. Nothing highlights this more than his decision on Tuesday night to wear the same suit, shirt, and tie he did at the Carrier Dome when Villanova lost to Syracuse back in December. The choice was the correct one as the Wildcats won in double overtime, 82-79.
Wright went with a predominantly blue outfit against the Friars for their first meeting of the season, but for the return trip to Providence, he donned a three-piece charcoal suit with pinstripes that featured contrasting wood-grained hardware. He matched the suit with a light-purple broadcloth striped shirt and a purple paisley tie.
Looking at other details of Wright's dress, he did not accessorize with a pocket square and his shirt had a two-button barrel cuff.
- Villanova vs. Providence recap: 'Cats cling to double-overtime victory at the Dunk, 82-79
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for February 19, 2014
- Bracketology 2014: Creighton knocks Nova down a peg
- Big East Power Rankings: How many bids?
- Current College Basketball NCAA Championship Odds