Graduating Villanova Senior James Bell has been named the Big 5 Player of the Year and Most Improved Player as the Wildcats claimed the 2013-14 Big 5 Championship.
Bell highlights the award list that also includes Jay Wright as Coach of the Year. Bell is joined by JayVaughn Pinkston on the First Team while Darrun Hilliard and Ryan Arcidiacono was named to the Second Team.
Devon Kane was named to the Women's First Team and Emily Leer was named to the Second Team.
Bell averaged 14.4ppg and 6.1rpg during his senior campaign. With an output of 3 points against LaSalle, Bell still averaged 15.25 points per game in the four Big 5 games.
- Player of the Year: James Bell (Villanova)
- First Team: James Bell (Villanova), Tyreek Duren (La Salle Explorers), Langston Galloway (Saint Josephs Hawks), Halil Kanacevic (Saint Joseph’s), JayVaughn Pinkston (Villanova)
- Second Team: Ryan Arcidiacono (Villanova), Will Cummings (Temple), Darrun Hilliard (Villanova), Dalton Pepper (Temple Owls), Ronald Roberts Jr. (Saint Joseph’s), Jerrell Wright (La Salle)
- Rookie of the Year: DeAndre Bembry (Saint Joseph’s)
- Coach of the Year: Jay Wright (Villanova)
- Most Improved Player: James Bell (Villanova)
- Top Scholar-Athlete: Jimmy McDonnell (Temple)
- Leading Scorer: Langston Galloway (Saint Joseph’s)
- Leading Free Throw Shooter: Dalton Pepper (Temple)
- City Series Champions: Villanova