On Monday, the Villanova Wildcats held their annual banquet to award individual players for their efforts during the year.
James Bell was given the 2014 Villanova Basketball Award, given to the athlete who best embodies the motto of Wildcat Basketball: "Play hard, play together, play smart." Add this to Bell's laundry list of awards, which already includes being the first player to win Big 5 Player of the Year and Most Improved. Bell led the team with 14.3 PPG.
Darrun Hilliard and JayVaughn Pinkston shared the Most Outstanding Player award. They finished the season 2nd and 3rd on the team in scoring, respectively.
Ryan Arcidiacono and Tony Chennault were named co-recipients of the Jake Nevin award. This honor celebrates unselfish play on the court. Arch and Chennault finished 1st and 3rd on the team with assists, respectively, with 3.5 APG and 1.8 APG
Sophomore Daniel Ochefu was recognized for his improvement throughtout the season, being given the Paul Arizin award. Chef shot 59.4% from the field and averaged 1.5 BPG.
Other honorees awards given...
- Alumni Appreciation Award: George Raveling, Class of 1960
- Joseph Walters Special Recognition Award: Senator Frank Kelly, Class of 1961
- Nova Nation Award: Tony Alfano
- Christopher M. Dincuff Memorial Scholarship: Mike Clark
- Teresa and Joseph J. Martini Endowed Scholarship in Honor of Randy Foyre `06: Nick DiPaola
Bell, Hilliard and Pinkston were also acknowledged for their 1000-point milestones.