Daniel Ochefu is still doubtful for VIllanova against Providence today, and Ben Bentil's status remains a bit up in the air as well after he missed practice on Thursday. In all likelihood, the Friars star big man will give it go and that could provide a vital leg up for Ed Cooley's team.
Bentil and Kris Dunn eviscerated Villanova at the Wells Fargo Center just a few weeks back, and Jay Wright will likely roll with a different game plan at The Dunk. Providence has been sliding down the Bracketology projections and could really use a season sweep over Villanova to solidify themselves as a top 4 seed as we head down the stretch.
For Villanova, they proved they could win without the Chef against Creighton on Wednesday, but how they deal with the Friars' two superstars remains to be seen.
Game Time, TV Schedule: 2:30pm ET. The game will be aired on Fox Sports 1.
Odds: OddsShark has the line at Villanova -5.
Radio: All Villanova Men's Basketball games air live on radio in the Philadelphia market on 610 WIP. Westwood One will also air coverage of the game - check your local listings, or you can use a radio app such as Tune.in.
Live Video Stream: Fox Sports GO
GAMEDAY EVENTS & GAMEWATCHES
- Baltimore (Annapolis location): 2 p.m., Blackwall Hitch (main bar area), 400 6th St.,, Annapolis, MD
- Charlotte: 2:30 p.m., Taco Mac, 4626 Piedmont Row Dr., Charlotte, NC
- Chicago: 1:30 p.m., Derby Bar & Grill, 1224 W. Webster Ave., Chicago, IL
- Dallas/Fort Worth (Dallas location): 1:30 p.m., Trinity Hall Irish Pub, 5321 E. Mockingbird Ln., Dallas, TX
- Dallas/Fort Worth (Fort Worth location): 1:30 p.m., Trinity River Taphouse, 2725 W. 7th St., Fort Worth, TX
- Greater Hampton Roads: 2:30 p.m., Marker 20, 21 E. Queens Way, Hampton, VA. Please RSVP to Frank Driscoll or call (757)-406-8210
- Greater Washington DC (Dupont Circle location): 2:30 p.m., Parlay Sports Bar & Lounge, 1827 M St. NW, Washington, DC
- Greater Washington DC (Columbia Heights location - handicapped accessible): 2:30 p.m., Lou's City Bar, 1400 Irving St. NW, Washington, DC
- Lancaster: 2:30 p.m., Arooga's Grille House & Sports Bar, 125 S. Centerville Rd., Lancaster, PA
- Lehigh Valley: 2:30 p.m., PJ Whelihan's, 3395 High Point Blvd., Bethlehem, PA
Long Island: 2 p.m., YMCA Boulton Center for the Performing Arts, 37 W. Main St., Bay Shore, NY.
Cash bar and food selections will be available for purchase. All Villanova alumni, parents and families welcome!
- Los Angeles: 11:30 a.m., TBD
- Manhattan: 2:30 p.m., Gramercy Ale House, 272 3rd Ave., New York, NY. Click here to view food and drink specials.
- Michigan/Northern Ohio: 2:30 p.m., Blackfinn Ameripub, 530 S. Main St., Royal Oak, MI
- Monmouth/Ocean: 2:30 p.m., Fair Haven Knights Of Columbus, 200 Fair Haven Rd., Fair Haven, NJ
- Morris/Somerset: 2:30 p.m., Sona 13, 13 South St., Morristown, NJ
- Northern California: 11 a.m., Double D's Sports Grille, 354 N. Santa Cruz Ave., Los Gatos, CA
- Northern New Jersey (Hoboken location): 2:30 p.m., Mills Tavern, 125 Washington St., Hoboken, NJ
- Northern New Jersey (Ridgewood location): 2:30 p.m., Park West Tavern, 30 Oak St., Ridgewood, NJ
- Orange County: 11:30 a.m., Island Hotel, 690 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach, CA
- San Diego: 11:30 a.m., Home & Away, 2222 San Diego Ave., San Diego, CA
BEVERAGE OF CHOICE
Irish Coffee (pro tip: use Jameson)
I had one of these bad boys for the first time in way too long after the slopes on Friday and my gosh, what took me so long? If you're going for multiples, make sure you start using decaf after the first cup or two. Or don't, I'm not your doctor.