Villanova's Josh Hart wasn't named to the pre-season All BIG EAST Conference team, and that stoked a fire in the junior. The 6'6" shooting guard went on to be named to the First Team All-Conference and a finalist for the Jerry West Award (given to the country's best shooting guard) after averaging 15.3 point and 6.7 rebounds for the Wildcats this season.
On Monday the Silver Springs, MD native added another honor to his collection as he was named a Third Team All-American by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC).
He was joined on the Third-Team by Duke sophomore guard Grayson Allen, Oakland's junior guard Kay Felde, Indiana senior guard Yogi Ferrell, and Iowa senior forward Jarrod Uthoff. Also representing the Big East on the All-America honorees was Providence guard Kris Dunn, who was named to the Second Team.
The teams are selected and voted on by Division I coaches who are members of NABC.
LSU freshman Ben Simmons was the only freshman selected on the three teams, which were largely comprised of seniors and juniors.
The full NABC All-American rosters were:
- Malcolm Brogdon, Guard - Virginia
- Buddy Hield, Guard - Oklahoma
- Brice Johnson, Forward - UNC
- Denzel Valentine, Guard - Michigan State
- Ben Simmons, Forward - LSU
- Kris Dunn, Guard - Providence
- Perry Ellis, Forward - Kansas
- Georges Niang, Forward - Iowa State
- Jakob Poelti, Forward - Utah
- Tyler Ulis, Guard - Kentucky
- Grayson Allen, Guard - Duke
- Kay Felder, Guard - Oakland
- Kevin Yogi Ferrell, Guard - Indiana
- Josh Hart, Guard - Villanova
- Jarrod Uthoff, Forward - Iowa