The Worldwide Leader, ESPN, released their updated class of 2017 basketball recruiting rankings today. Expanded from an 60 prospects, the Top 100 offers additional insight into the opinion of some of Villanova's targets for the current cycle.
Fresh off a National Championship, it's no surprise to see Villanova put some feelers out to the elite prospects, but they're still after plenty in the 30-100 range as well. That's been Jay Wright's bread and butter for years, and it doesn't seem like it will be changing soon.
Here are the prospects with Villanova offers that are being actively recruited and/or have mentioned Villanova in the press recently.
- #5 Trevon Duval (5-star)
- #22 Quade Green (5-star)
- #46 Chris Lykes (4-star)
- #14 Lonnie Walker (5-star)
- #43 Brandon Randolph (4-star)
- #7 Kevin Knox (5-star)
- #10 Brian Bowen (5-star)
- #35 Jordan Tucker (4-star)
- #36 D.J. Harvey (4-star)
- #59 Jermaine Samuels (4-star)
- #76 Justin Smith (4-star)
- #3 Mohamed Bamba (5-star)
- #63 Hameir Wright (4-star)
- No Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree, who ESPN lists as a 4-star prospect. That likely means he's just outside of the Top 100.
- Huge jump for Chris Lykes, who's now considered a Top-50 prospect by both ESPN and 247. He's in the Top 100 for Rivals as well. Would be nice to close the deal!
- Another big jump for Quade Green up to 5-star status. He's been getting rave reviews as a point guard all spring. Don't think Villanova's a player there, which is a shame, but good for him.
- Lots of offers on the wing, which is should indicate that's likely the priority for one of the available scholarships. A wide mix of skillset among those players as well. At worst, it would appear Villanova is going to be landing a Top-100 guy. Nice position to be in.