Adlai Stevenson (Ill.) small forward Justin Smith has set several visit dates to five of his seven finalists that he released just last week. Prep Hoops has the info.
- August 14 – Michigan Wolverines (Unofficial)
- September 3 – Xavier Musketeers (Unofficial)
- September 10 – Indiana Hoosiers (Official)
- September 17 – Villanova Wildcats (Official)
- September 30 – Stanford Cardinal (Official)
Smith, a 4-star prospect who plays for the Mac Irvin Fire on the Nike circuit, is a former high school teammate of sophomore point guard Jalen Brunson. At 6’7” he has the ability to defend both inside and out, and has an improving offensive game. He fits the mold of what ‘Nova wants on the wing.
Visits are always a good sign of mutual interest between player and prospect. It’s been said that academics will play a big role in Smith’s recruitment, and Stanford has been floated as a possible destination for months. They’ll get the last visit, so Wright and staff will have to make a very good impression.