From Tuesday through Friday, each time a former Wildcat hits the court, we will recap how they did and include a few highlights (if available). On Tuesdays, we’ll also recap what happened over the weekend, so you don’t miss the action. This will also serve as a discussion board. We will try to keep it updated as soon as the games are over, so check back often!
Welcome to the weekend! Ryan Arcidiacono (Chicago Bulls), Jalen Brunson (Dallas Mavericks), and Mikal Bridges (Phoenix Suns) are taking the court on Friday night.
Arcidiacono played for 17 minutes in the Bulls’ 125-106 victory over Brooklyn. He didn’t score any points—missing both of his shot attempts—but he did grab five rebounds and dish out five assists.
Up Next: vs. Washington on Saturday, Feb. 9, at 8 p.m. ET
Brunson was in the starting five for the Mavericks’ 122-107 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks. He finished with five points (2-of-6 shooting), three rebounds, and three assists.
Up Next: vs. Portland on Sunday, Feb. 10, at 3 p.m. ET
.@jalenbrunson1 throws it down on the break! pic.twitter.com/ds69sQw22p— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) February 9, 2019
Of all three Wildcats in action on Friday night, Bridges probably had the most productive outing, and it came against the mighty Golden State Warriors.
Bridges and Kevin Durant dueled for a majority of the night. Bridges played a game-high 37 minutes, finishing with 19 points. He was 5-of-13 overall, but a solid 4-for-9 from long range. Bridges added five rebounds and showed off his court vision with some great long passes and finds, topping things off with three nice assists and a pair of steals. Unfortunately for Phoenix, it lost 117-107.
Up Next: @ Sacramento on Sunday, Feb. 10, at 6 p.m. ET
W-O-W-O-W-O-W pic.twitter.com/xhmRgIC3eI— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) February 9, 2019
SHOW EM WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF @mikal_bridges!— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) February 9, 2019
Shoot your shot! pic.twitter.com/hCnFXkdK6E
Here are all the games featuring some Villanova Wildcats. Keep an eye out for these Saturday to Monday games. (All times in ET):
- Ryan Arcidiacono: Washington at Chicago (Sat., Feb. 9—8 p.m.) | Milwaukee at Chicago (Mon., Feb. 11—8 p.m.)
- Mikal Bridges: Phoenix at Sacramento (Sun., Feb. 10—6 p.m.)
- Jalen Brunson: Portland at Dallas (Sun., Feb. 10—3 p.m.) | Dallas at Houston (Mon., Feb. 11—8 p.m.)
- Dante Cunningham: San Antonio at Utah (Sat., Feb. 9—5 p.m.)
- Josh Hart: Lakers at Philadelphia (Sun., Feb. 10—3:30 p.m.)
- Kyle Lowry: Toronto at New York (Sat., Feb. 9—7:30 p.m.) | Brooklyn at Toronto (Mon., Feb. 11—7:30 p.m.)
- Omari Spellman: Charlotte at Atlanta (Sat., Feb. 9—7:30 p.m.) | Orlando at Atlanta (Sun., Feb. 10—7:30 p.m.)