Villanova fans will have an extra reason to watch the NBA Finals this year. Philly native and former Wildcat point guard Kyle Lowry will be one of the leaders for the Toronto Raptors in their first ever trip to the Championship Series. Toronto will be taking on the Golden State Warriors who are looking to win their third consecutive NBA Championship and fourth in five years.
Toronto’s tour to the Finals took them through Orlando (5 games), Philadelphia (7 games), and Milwaukee (6 games). Through those 18 games, Lowry has averaged 11.4 points, 6.4 assists, and 5.2 rebounds per game.
2019 NBA Finals Schedule
- Game 1: Thursday, May 30 — Golden State at Toronto — 9pm EST on ABC
- Game 2: Sunday, June 2 — Golden State at Toronto — 8pm EST on ABC
- Game 3: Wednesday, June 5 — Toronto at Golden State — 9pm EST on ABC
- Game 4: Friday, June 7 — Toronto at Golden State — 9pm EST on ABC
- *Game 5: Monday, June 10 — Golden State at Toronto — 9pm EST on ABC
- *Game 6: Thursday, June 13 — Toronto at Golden State — 9pm EST on ABC
- *Game 7: Sunday, June 16 — Golden State at Toronto — 8pm EST on ABC
John Celestand was the last Villanovan to be on a team to win the NBA Finals, when he was on the Los Angeles Lakers’ Championship Roster in 2000. Kerry Kittles was the last Wildcat to appear in the NBA Finals when the New Jersey Nets won the Eastern Conference in 2002 and 2003.*
Will you be watching the NBA Finals?
This poll is closed
Yes- I was going to watch anyways.
Yes- but only to see how Kyle does.
*Updated to note mander22’s Kittles facts.