Happy Thursday Nova Nation! It’s a slow day around the Arizin, other than of course the fallout from a few days of GOAT-off 2019. But instead of backing away from it up here, I figured we’d dive right in with a new angle.
Let’s play Dr. Frankenstein for a minute and pretend that you’re trying to create the ultimate Villanova Basketball player. At your disposal are the body parts of all the great Villanova players in history. What would you pick and choose to create the ultimate player. I’ll go first to give you an example:
- Mikal Bridges’ arms - gotta have that wingspan
- Eric Paschall’s shoulders - like a linebacker coming through the lane
- Donte DiVincenzo’s calves - ability to jump out of the gym
- Kyle Lowry’s feet - speed kills
- Darrun Hilliard’s eyes - eagle vision
- Allan Ray’s finger tips - $$$ from deep
- Josh Hart’s heart - never quits
- Jalen Brunson’s brain - cerebral assassin
- Phil Booth’s face - gotta have some Booth Face
- Kerry Kittles’ hands - #1 Wildcat in steals and scoring
- Omari Spellman’s torso - big enough to make space, trim enough to move like a gazelle
- Ed Pinckney’s legs - at this point I think I’m 7’4”
- Scottie Reynolds’ hips - they’re gonna fake you out every time
- Ryan Arcidiacono’s knee caps - good for diving on the floor and into the stands
I went mainly with the more recent group of players, but come up with your own pool of guys and post it in the comments below. I hope this whole message board is blue with great ideas. And not that I need to say this, but keep it PG everyone. Can’t wait to see what you come up with Nova Nation!
In other “news”, is Villanova missing out on 2020 recruits, Jay Wright and Team USA suffer a scrimmage loss to the B Squad, and Ohio State wants to trademark “The”. Enjoy!
Basketball Recruiting - Wednesday Leftovers: Oklahoma State, Pitt, Ziaire Williams | Rivals
Is Villanova missing on a bunch of 2020 recruits, or is the roster just full until the end of the season?
Dallas Mavericks: Jalen Brunson is better than fans realize | The Smoking Cuban
Jalen Brunson, the steal of the 2018 draft, ended up being a great pick at an even better value for the Dallas Mavericks this past season.
Team USA Suffers Embarrassing Loss At Practice Today | The SPUN
Team USA suffered an embarrassing loss at practice on Wednesday as they prepare for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.
3 things to know about new Warriors center Omari Spellman | Warriors Wire
Omari Spellman signed with the Warriors in free agency. Here's what he can offer the team, an area of concern and a fun fact about Spellman.
Wildcats Stay Busy in Summer Leagues | Villanova University Athletics
As summer 2019 comes to a close, so do the summer seasons for many members of the Villanova baseball team. Sixteen Wildcats stayed active this summer, playing in
Ohio State University seeks to trademark the word 'The' | Associated Press
Ohio State University wants to trademark the word "The" when used as part of the school's name on university merchandise. The Columbus Dispatch reports the school...