A tradition that started at the 1948 London Olympics continues at the XXXII Olympiad in Tokyo this month; participation by Villanova athletes.
Three Villanova alumns, as well as Jay Wright, will be representing their countries. Here are their schedules...
All times in ET...
Siofra Cleirigh Buttner
(Ireland, Women’s 800m)
- Heats: Thursday, July 29 at 8:55p ET
- Semifinal: July 31, 7:50a ET
- Final: Tuesday, August 3 at 8:25a ET
(USA, Women’s Triathlon, Mixed Relay)
- Women’s: Monday, July 26 at 5:30p ET
- Mixed Relay: Friday, July 30 at 6:30p ET
(Australia, Men’s 5k & 10k)
- 10k Final: Friday, July 30 at 7:30a ET
- 5K Heats: Tuesday, August 3 at 7a ET
- 5K Final: Friday, August 6 at 8a ET
(USA, Men’s Basketball coach)
- Group vs. France: Sunday, July 25 at 8a ET
- Group vs. Iran: Wednesday, July 28 at 12:40a ET
- Group vs. Czech Republic: Saturday, July 31 at 8a ET
- Quarterfinals Tuesday, August 3
- Semifinals: Thursday, August 5
- Gold Medal Final: Saturday, August 7