The Big East is holding their annual media day this morning and afternoon at Madison Square Garden where coaches and players from all 10 schools will gather to meet the media in advance of the coming season. Brendan Reilly is on-site for us and we’ll be updating our coverage throughout the day.
The conference has already released the preseason coaches poll, with the reigning National Champions picked unanimously (as unanimously as it gets) at the top.
1. Villanova Wildcats, 81 points (9)
2. Xavier Musketeers, 69 points (1)
3. Creighton Bluejays, 64 points
4. Georgetown Hoyas, 53 points
4. Seton Hall Pirates, 53 points
6. Butler Bulldogs, 44 points
7. Marquette Golden Eagles, 35 points
8. St. John’s Red Storm, 21 points
9. Providence Friars, 18 points
10. DePaul Blue Demons, 12 points
That’s about the same as most of the preseason predictions I’ve seen from various media outlets. Any issues with this?