A lot to unpack from the Big East recruiting trail.
You read that headline correctly, Georgetown offered eighth-grader Omari Chaudhry (Marietta, Ga./Robert L. Osborne) and is getting there before the rest of the pack. It is the 6-foot-2 guard’s first Division I offer.
Other than that, it was a big week for other Big East teams, with Butler, Marquette, DePaul and Xavier all receiving commitments.
DePaul finally gets on the board for 2023, getting 7-foot big man Babacar Mbengue (Senegal/Olympus Prep). Butler gets its second 2023 commit in Boden Kapke (Victoria, Minn./Holy Family Catholic).
Marquette loads up with another four-star 2023 commit, as Tre Norman (Dorchester, Mass./Worcester Academy) becomes the Golden Eagles’ third four-star pledge of that class.
...and lastly, Sean Miller continues to clean up on the recruiting trail, notching his fourth commit since May. He has three four-star 2023 commits, and now, three-star center Onyekachi ‘Kachi’ Nzeh (Upper Darby, Pa./George School).
Here’s the rest of the action from this past week:
Big East commitments:
- Three-star 2023 forward Boden Kapke (Victoria, Minn./Holy Family Catholic) commits to Butler. He did also have an offer from Xavier.
- Three-star 2023 center Babacar Mbengue (Senegal/Olympus Prep) committed to DePaul, also had an offer from Xavier.
- Four-star 2023 guard Tre Norman (Dorchester, Mass./Worcester Academy) committed to Marquette, also had an offer from Georgetown.
- Three-star 2023 center Onyekachi ‘Kachi’ Nzeh (Upper Darby, Pa./George School) committed to Xavier over a Final Four that also included Iowa, VCU and Saint Louis.
Non-Big East commitments:
- Four-star 2023 guard Isaiah Coleman (Fort Washington, Pa./National Christian Academy) committed to Charleston, also had offers from DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Seton Hall and Xavier.
- Three-star 2023 guard Lawrent Rice (Huber Heights, Ohio/Wayne) committed to Murray State. He also had offers from Georgetown, Marquette and Xavier.
- 2024 guard Robert Wright III (Philadelphia, Pa./Neumann-Goretti) committed to Baylor, also had Seton Hall and Georgetown offers.
- Four-star 2023 forward Akil Watson (Middletown, N.Y./Roselle Catholic) committed to Arizona State. He had offers from more than half of the Big East — Creighton, UConn, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John’s, and Xavier.
- Three-star 2023 guard Jalen Carruth (Suwanee, Ga./North Florida Prep) excluded Xavier from his final six.
- Three-star 2023 guard Brady Dunlap (Valencia, Calif./Harvard-Westlake) included Providence in his final six list, but cut Xavier.
- Four-star 2024 wing Marcus Allen (Miami, Fla./AZ Compass Prep) received an offer from Villanova.
- Five-star 2024 center Flory Bidunga (Congo/Kokomo) received an offer from Butler.
- 2025 guard Myles Blackley (Summit, N.J./Summit) received an offer from Providence.
- 2027 guard Omari Chaudhry (Marietta, Ga./Robert L. Osborne) received an offer from Georgetown.
- 2024 forward Bryce Dortch (Somerville, Mass./Brimmer and May School) received an offer from Marquette.
- Five-star 2024 forward Trentyn Flowers (Jefferson, Ga./Sierra Canyon) received an offer from Creighton.
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off on Twitter at @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated Sept. 12, 2022. Alternatively, you may view below.