With Big East Coast Bias, the SBNation affiliate for the entire Big East, set to close at the end of the month, I’m taking a weekly series that I had over there over to VU Hoops.
Each week, this will be the recruiting and transfer news central, where we’ll have roundups of everything that happened on the Big East recruiting trail from the previous week. We’ll cover anything from college commitments, non-Big East commitment decisions, final cuts, new offers, and more.
There will also be links to the Big East recruiting database, a spreadsheet I created to keep track of the recruiting moves. It’s best if viewed on a computer, but you may also choose to view it on a phone (best if the phone is turned sideways in “landscape” orientation.)
New Xavier head coach Sean Miller has been on a tear this summer, and he’s picked up his third 2023 commitment, when four-star forward Dailyn Swain (Columbus, Ohio/Columbus Afrocentric Early College) opted to become a Musketeer. He joins two other fellow 2023 Xavier commits Trey Green (Charlotte, N.C./Link Academy) and Reid Ducharme (Boston, Mass./Brewster Academy), who are also four-star prospects.
Here’s the rest of the action from this past week:
Big East commitments:
- Four-star 2023 forward Dailyn Swain (Columbus, Ohio/Columbus Afrocentric Early College) commits to Xavier. He chooses the Musketeers over a final five that also included Louisville, Ohio State, Clemson and Arizona State.
Non-Big East commitments:
- 2024 forward Kanon Catchings (Brownsburg, Ind./Brownsburg) committed to Purdue over Xavier.
- Four-star 2023 forward J.P. Estrella (Portland, Maine/Brewster Academy), who had offers from half of the Big East — UConn, Creighton, Marquette, Providence and Xavier — committed to Tennessee.
- 2023 center Reece Potter (Lexington, Ky./Lexington Catholic) committed to Miami (OH). Potter had an offer from Xavier.
- Three-star 2022 forward Jaret Teheran Valencia (Colombia/Legacy School of Sport Science) chooses Monmouth, despite announcing a final two of Kansas State and UConn back on July 7.
- Four-star 2023 center Isaiah Miranda (Pawtucket, R.I./Southern California Academy) has both UConn and Georgetown in his final eight list. DePaul, Providence, St. John’s and Seton Hall did not make the cut.
- 2024 guard Isaac Asuma (Mountain Iron, Minn./Cherry School) received an offer from Butler.
- 2024 forward Caden Diggs (Waldorf, Md./Bullis School) received an offer from Marquette.
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off on Twitter at @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated Sept. 5, 2022. Alternatively, you may view below.