RESULTS: With the Cats taking care of business against a better-than-advertised Temple team at Liacouras Center, 90-74, we congratulate six VUHoops readers who earned points in this round.
- ryanshock24 (Nova 88, Temple 73) awarded 5 points
- trevor.pleasant (Nova 87, Temple 74) awarded 5 points
- jwscones (Nova 86, Temple 75) awarded 3 points
- Kantcant (Nova 87, Temple 72) awarded 3 point
- Brian Ewart (Nova 85, Temple 73) awarded 1 point
- Ed Donohue (Nova 85, Temple 75) awarded 1 point
The updated leader board after six rounds is provided below.
VUHOOPS vs. VEGAS: Based on the average predicted scores of the VUHoops Crowd and the posted Vegas line, we would have had a PUSH by taking ‘Nova giving 10.5 points (WIN) and betting the UNDER (LOSS). After six rounds, we would remain up $400.
|Jack The Tripper||1|
UPDATE (February 1, 4:00 PM, Tip-off) ... Here's how the VUHoops Crowd sees things:
# Reader Predictions: 52
% Picking Cats to Win: 98%
Wisdom of VUHoops' Crowd Prediction:
o Spread: Villanova -17.0
o Over/Under: 152.0
o Final Score: Cats 85 - Owls 68
Vegas Odds Makers' Prediction:
o Spread: Villanova -10.5
o Over/Under: 153.5
o Final Score: Cats 82 - Owls 72
SCATTER PLOT OF PREDICTED SCORES
Window Opening (January 31): The window is now open for our readers to post their predicted final scores for Saturday's game at Temple (Liacouras Center) in the sixth round of the Closest to the Pin Contest. PacAdam has taken over sole possession of first place after making the winning prediction in two of the first five rounds. Click HERE to see the full leader board and HERE to see the official contest rules.
Villanova (18-2, 7-1 conference) is ranked #9 in the AP Poll, #3 in the RPI and #21 SOS. The Cats average 80.5 PPG while giving up an average of 67.7 PPG.
Temple (6-13, 1-7 AAC) is not ranked in the AP Poll, ranked #175 in the RPI and #45 SOS. The Owls average 76.4 PPG while giving up an average of 76.7 PPG. Temple broke an eight-game losing streak on Wednesday night with an 88-82 win over Rutgers (RPI 208). Against the four teams the Wildcats also have faced this season, the Owls have wins over Pennsylvania (+5) and St. Joe's (+8) and losses against Towson (-6) and LaSalle (-6).
Enter your predicted final score in the comments section in the format: Nova xx, Temple yy. Good luck to you all!
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for January 31, 2014
- They used to be 'Cats: Updates on former Villanovans
- Catching Up with the 'Cats: Week 13
- Villanova football: Strength & Conditioning coach Phil Matusz leaving for Ohio St. job
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for January 30, 2014